Our community has been through a lot over these last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice and you may have seen this during your visits to our office. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable. We want to tell you about the infection control procedures we follow in our practice to keep patients and staff safe.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. We do this to make sure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to each agencies’ recommendations.
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff. For example:
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again when you arrive.
- Once you arrive at our office, we ask that you stay in your car and call us 880-0712 to tell us you are here.
- A staff member will come out to you to ask the screening questions and take your temperature (using a non-contact thermometer). We will then escort you to the treatment room.
- If you have your own mask please have them available when we come to get you. If you do not have a mask, we can provide one for you.
- Only patients that are receiving treatment will be allowed into our office as the waiting room will be closed.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That may mean that you’re offered slightly limited options for scheduling your appointment.
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors and friends.
Dr. Savickas & Staff